- Success Stories
Join the Microlytic Team!
Microlytic's products and services are rapidly growing to better meet the needs of the crystallographic community, redefining the structural biology pipeline with efficient and cost effective strategies for academic and industrial laboratories alike.
We are always seeking to expand our leadership and expertise in the provision of innovative technologies that are accessible to all sectors of the structural biology market.
Please visit this site regularly for career opportunities as part of our continued growth and expansion.
All employment enquiries may be submitted to email@example.com.
Current Positions - multiple positions currently available
NEW!! Technical Key Account Manager
Your primary focus will be on the commercialization of Microlytic products into the crystallography workflow at a variety of accounts. Your responsibility is to drive sales growth while maintaining existing business within the territory, in order to meet or exceed revenue goals. The position will involve significant travel to customer sites, primarily in North America, but from time to time worldwide, as the business may require, to reach our annual sales goals. Your day-to-day activities will focus on on-site meetings with customers, solving their technical problems and facilitating the integration of Microlytic products into their workflow. The ideal candidate will reside in New York, New Jersey, Philadelphia or San Francisco, though some flexibility in location is possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Present product information and discuss crystallography-related research with customers and prospective customers in your assigned territory.
- Meet or exceed revenue goals and other goals as assigned.
- Leverage your technical expertise to meet or exceed your sales targets.
- Increase our competitive advantage and enhance customer satisfaction
- Build effective business and collaboration relationships with customers.
- Prospecting to develop new accounts and arrange sales meetings.
- Product demonstrations in the field.
- Develop tactical plans to maximize revenues.
- Complete and submit sales reports and documentation in a timely and efficient manner.
- Provide regular reports on customer inquiries, and communicate successes, failures, best practices etc to improve the overall product offering.
- Present technical seminars in person, via telephone or web conference
- Gather and report customer and technical information
- Represent Microlytic at tradeshows/exhibitions and other “on-site” events in order to promote crystallography products and services, receive feedback, network with customers and prospective customers.
- Monitor competitive landscape and provide analysis of key findings to senior management.
- This work will entail significant travel to customer sites.
Qualifications and experience:
- Minimum B.S. degree in life sciences, Ph.D. or M.S. in crystallography preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years lab experience with proven knowledge and understanding of structural biology, preferably within crystallography.
- Technical competency to interpret customer’s needs and identify solutions; to stay current in technical knowledge; to troubleshoot and to provide information back to customers in a helpful, courteous, positive and professional manner.
- Sales experience, and prior success with building and sustaining high growth of sales to pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, as well as academic and research institutes and federal research agencies, is preferred.
- Possess a well developed network of customer contacts within the life sciences industry.
- Ability to navigate through targeted organizations to understand the internal dynamics and the decision-making processes of those companies, and the ability to acquire and learn the information to understand customer’s needs and requirements.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in presenting technical materials in written and verbal form is critical.
- Strong commitment to customer service and satisfaction.
- Ability to effectively work on and manage many priorities at one time.
- A clear and persuasive communication style, with the ability to gain trust and respect and to command attention both externally and internally.
- A supportive and approachable team player, who is able to challenge in a constructive manner, yet not hesitate to show independent and creative thinking, and be able to compromise in order to accomplish the objective.
- Must be self-reliant and a self-starter, with an entrepreneurial spirit, who is results oriented, has a sense of urgency, and has a competitive desire to succeed.
NEW! Laboratory Sales Representatives – 2 Immediate Openings
Microlytic is seeking to fill two immediate openings for Laboratory Sales Representatives. Each position will be responsible for the development and performance of sales activities in the assigned territory and will work toward maximizing revenues and growth in line with company goals.
Available locations (incumbent preferably resides in one of the following):
- (1) New York-New Jersey-Philadelphia
- (2) San Francisco and environs
No relocation is available.
These positions are open only to applicants already holding valid US work authorization.
- Develops business plans and sales strategies for the territory that ensure attainment of the company sales revenue goals
- Works closely with Sales and Executive management to develop strategies for successful sales in North America (particularly individual territories)
- Prepares action plans for development of sales leads and prospects that include initiating and coordinating development of action plans to penetrate new accounts
- Establishes relationship and engages customers on a regular basis
- Conducts sales presentations, scientific seminars, product demonstrations. Represents the company at various trade shows and meetings
- Records customer/prospect communications and maintains Customer Relationship Manager Database via Salesforce computer tracking system.
- Collaborates with Marketing to develope programs and initiatives
- Provides feedback to management regarding customer requirements and competitive activities
- Visits/travels to customer sites at least 50% of the time
- May perform other sales and customer support activities as required and/or assigned
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Biochemistry; Master’s degree or knowledge of Structural Biology is highly preferred
- Minimum of 1 year of sales (inside or onsite) experience in the life science industry with proven track record
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Experience in developing new geographical territories preferred
- Experience in project management, business planning/development, including understanding of the academic and scientific research community preferred.
Founded in 2006, Microlytic is an innovator and commercial provider of consumable laboratory products for the structural biology marketplace. Our mission is to provide a portfolio of innovative products that simplify the workflow, increase productivity and offer an attractive economic value proposition to our customers. For more information about Microlytic, please visit http://www.microlytic.com.